The Walk of Life

I dedicate this blog to the amazing, eventful, fun-filled life I've had. To my friends who've made life so enjoyable, and from whom I've learnt so much. And here's hoping to have many more years of random fun! :)

What does this obsession with perfection do to people? Why do I always HAVE to be perfect at everything? Why can't I be ok with doing things wrong at times? Be it acads, music, work, extra-currics, I always have to do the job perfectly. Its good on paper - identifying what I'm good at and excelling at them. After all, what can be more useful than knowing your strengths and weaknesses? Considering the amount of value recruiters put on it, this must be a life-changing realization.

However, knowing what you're good at has its downside. It makes yout cautious, conservative. Knowing what you're good at makes you wary of moving out of your comfort zone, scared of taking risks (Yes, since I was writing this in the Corp Fin class, I had to put in the word "risk")!! With this reluctance of doing new things comes stagnation.

And since life keeps changing, even you have to change. What was perfect once may cease to be perfect in a changed scenario. So does knowing what you're good at make you imperfect and outdated?

Anyways, pretty tired of thinking now. Just one question. Am I the only person who has such random thoughts and convoluted thought process? If yes, do I need to break out of this weird art I've perfected?

0 comments: