The Walk of Life

I dedicate this blog to the amazing, eventful, fun-filled life I've had. To my friends who've made life so enjoyable, and from whom I've learnt so much. And here's hoping to have many more years of random fun! :)

Well, the last few days have been so hectic. And with so much work, my sleep cycle has got totally reversed. I've been sleeping at 5 in the morning and then getting up on time for the 8:30 classes. Just made me wonder, can this even be called sleeping? The dark circles under my eyes are turning into black holes, absorbing any light that falls on them :|.

Anyways, on Saturday, I slept at 5:30 in the morning and woke up at 3:30 in the afternoon. I remembering thinking that I was turning into an owl. But then I realized, owls get to sleep so much more than us. 8 hours of sleep are considered to be sufficient for human beings. But owls come out only in the dark hours. This gives them at least 12 hours of sleep, even in the worst case. We sleep about one-third the time that owls sleep. Is that why they are considered to be wise creatures?

Also, the world looks so good when you can't see people around. So owls effectively stay awake when most humans are asleep (except B-school students, of course)! They get to see the world at its glory, when its sleeping and freshening up for the next day, when its so calm, when there are no vehicles polluting it, very few humans spoiling the peace. They get the best of everything. And here we are, fighting it out, staying awake at nights - to get to a place in life where we get to sleep even lesser. I guess owls are wiser than MBAs.

2 comments:

Hehe....I guess being a nightcrawler aint tat bad after all, it gives u so much more time to do bakar and waste time...!!

:D True... But then the problem is, we don't have the best of both worlds :P