The Walk of Life

I dedicate this blog to the amazing, eventful, fun-filled life I've had. To my friends who've made life so enjoyable, and from whom I've learnt so much. And here's hoping to have many more years of random fun! :)

It's shocking how insensitive, impolite and un-chivalrous Indian men are. I believe I show them greater respect than they show to girls. There have been so many incidents when I've been pushed by a guy at a railway station, at a mall, on the road, the list seems endless. And what's amazing is they don't even seem to realize they've done something wrong. I mean, hello, in which world is pushing a girl considered OK? I remember lots of times when I've waited for a guy to cross. "Ladies first" is now passé; guys seem to need the special treatment.

Just today some guy crossed me, hitting me with a bag in the process. And then he had the nerve to turn back and glare at me, as if it was my fault. I mean, dude, just because you're a guy I'm not going to get scared of a stare from you. A friend of mine came back to India after a Europe visit. And she said the guys there were so courteous, she got a culture shock when she was back to India. And even though I've never been abroad, I still get a culture shock every single time I interact with these cavemen who've not learnt the basic etiquettes. And I end up wishing I was living in a more civilized part of the world.

0 comments: